Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for a plant manager to add to their leadership team. The Plant Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of a multi-shift manufacturing operation. (Fabrication and Assembly)
1. Provide a safe and hazard-free work environment in production area. Through self-example enforce a safety culture of zero-tolerance to unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- Track and report key performance indicators (KPI’s) to VP/GM daily, weekly and monthly as required.
- Working closely with Engineering, Planning, Maintenance and Quality as it relates to on-time delivery of products.
- Assuring all work orders are released in a timely manner with sufficient lead time for the manufacturing process.
- Making sure that inventory control is accurate so there are no delays in manufacturing.
- Contribute to the professional development of Production Supervisors.
- Attend and lead all production meetings.
- Hold all direct reports and department hourly employees accountable for compliance to all company policies, OSHA regulations and the code of conduct. Administer appropriate disciplinary action steps as required and merited.
- Monitoring backlogs for any issues such as past due orders, expedites, rapid response or quick shippers.
- Take ownership of any late orders and initiate corrective measures.
- Ownership of all continuous improvement activities in their area of responsibility. Team development, cross training, process control, value stream mapping, waste reduction, KPI strategies, Kan-Ban, reduction of operating cost (i.e. OT reduction.)
- Monitor and adjust appropriate staffing levels based on production volume.
Responsible for the selection, training, professional development and the performance management of Production Supervisors. Organize the workload of their area of responsibility and continuously improve the quality of work and efficiency for a multi-shift manufacturing area with 200+ full time and temporary hourly employees reporting directly and indirectly to them.
Education/Experience: At least 10 years of supervising experience in an industrial manufacturing environment and/or a post-secondary degree.
Knowledge/Skills: Basic computer skills. Knowledge of MRP, Outlook, MS Office and Excel.
Role: Plant Manager
Apply for this job now.