Please join us as either a full time or part time employee at the new Sonic Drive-in located in Michigan City, IN (Dunes Plaza)
POSITION: CARHOP & CREW MEMBER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MANAGER ON DUTY
STATUS: HOURLY, NON-EXEMPTGENERAL
PURPOSE OF JOB: Serves and delivers quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Ensures that temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
2. Carries and balances a tray weighing up to 25 pounds.
3. Greets all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile.
4. Delivers and serves quality food and beverages to guests at each delivery point (cars parked in stalls and patio) ina timely manner.
5. Displays the importance of placing guests’ needs first on a consistent basis.
6. Responds to guests requests in a respectful manner. Promptly reports complaints to a member of the drive-inmanagement team.
7. Makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
8. Clears trays and trash from guests’ cars, patio, Drive-Thru parking lot and property.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES:• Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-Inoperations manual.• Performs other job related duties as assigned or required including, but not limited to, preparing drinks, ice cream menu items or taking guests orders when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:• Effective communication skills• Basic math and basic reading skills• Ability to follow directions• Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays• Complies with all Sonic Drive-In policies and procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations• Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-In trainingprograms.• Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required whenstaging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.• Frequent moving in and out of drive-in when delivering food.• General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required.
ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.SONIC MISSION STATEMENT: To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
SONIC CORE VALUES At Sonic, we value:• Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.• Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.• Importance of relationships as a way of life.• Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by theSonic brand.
Job Type: Part-time & Full-Time
Location: Michigan City,
Apply for this job now.