The Construction Program Manager is responsible for the process of managing several related projects, with the intention of improving the organization's performance. This position is concerned with the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of an integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, materials, analysis and synthesis to predict and evaluate the results to be obtained from a program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversight of the purpose and status of all projects in the assigned program(s) and use this oversight to support project-level activity to ensure the overall program goals are met, by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at the project level or by providing the Project Manager with a program perspective when required, or as a sounding board for ideas and approaches to solving project issues that have program impacts.
· Strive to exploit economies of scale and to reduce coordination costs and risks.
· Identify and cultivate Program goals.
· Continuously assess performance; research and develop new capabilities: and systemically apply learning and knowledge to the program that produce time/quality/economic benefits.
· Manage overall Program Schedules.
· Maintain intimate knowledge of project schedules and status
· Develop beneficial purchasing and procurement strategies.
· Create long term strategic associations/agreements
· Manage and track basic project costs to identify project and program status.
· Allocation of resources that positively influence the cost and success of the program.
· Maintain and strive to improve client relationships.
· Ensure there is accountability, and that management of projects, stakeholders and suppliers is in place.
· Recruit, educate, nurture, and manage human resources to provide the greatest possibility affirmative effect for the success of the program
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Extensive prior experience at and elevated position of authority in a construction or development environment.
· Prior experience with programs in an elevated position.
· Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
Role: Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Apply for this job now.