JOB TYPE: Permanent
My client is looking for a new Headteacher at work an establishment around the Newhaven area, the role is a Full-time position to start in April 2018. The School is an independent special school who caters students aged 7-18+ who have a mixture of Special Educational Needs.
Your duties will be to lead, manage and develop a happy and effective school, including employability training, providing clear strategic direction for the school going forward. The role of the Headteacher is important in ensuring that the school meets the educational, social, emotional and physical needs of all Learners. You will need to have the following:
• NPQH or working towards.
• Degree level or above.
• Leadership of a team at a senior level.
• Experience of working with children and young people with special educational needs/disabilities.
• Track record of working with governors.
• Used to working and developing
• Leadership experience of a good or outstanding Ofsted inspection
• Have developed relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across a multiplicity of areas.
• Knowledge of the curriculum as relevant to the special school sector.
• Knowledge of positive behaviour management strategies
• Understanding of the organisational basis within which charities and voluntary sector agencies operate.
• Understanding the needs of ASC learners and others with complex needs and behaviour
• Excellent verbal and written communication and demonstrable critical reasoning.
• Ability to use initiative.
• Evidence of recent excellent teaching
• Excellent negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• Ability to engage with stakeholders from a wide range of audiences.
• Ability to provide leadership to a strong and diverse senior management team
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to use initiative and be self-servicing in a self-motivated way.
• A highly visible and hands on leadership style
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• A ‘can do’, flexible attitude and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines as part of a team.
• Sense of humour.
• Forward thinking with dynamism, drive, vision and energy.
• A commitment to equality of opportunity.
• Able to work collaboratively with the CEO and governors.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of business planning, resource management and budgetary control.
The establishment is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the safety and welfare of young people. Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Teem Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers