Experis is partnered with a global hospitality leader in the their search for a Technical Solutions Architect to join their team in Bethesda, MD.
This role is open to 100% remote support, but requires working within the EST time zone.
We are looking for a highly dynamic and hands on Technical Architect to join their Information Technology - Enterprise Architecture team. This individual will be responsible for helping to define, advance and execute the technology future of our Digital web experience, Ecommerce and content management platforms.
The right candidate will help advance the architecture of e-commerce platforms to enable agility and speed to market in launching and enhancing digital experience features/products like Next generation Offers, Marriott Moments, Home rentals, Travel marketplace and several others. This includes defining/enabling architectures that help digital teams define and deliver personalized digital content leveraging new/existing processes and platforms.
This individual will collaborate across various functional domains to create integrated digital ecommerce/experience solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of designing, building, and implementing architectures that are highly scalable, resilient, secure and flexible. This individual will work with other solution architects, and development leads across the organization to extend and introduce new technology into our Digital platform.
Required Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in software engineering with a focus on developing custom web applications with real-time integrations to systems of record.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a software/technical architect designing and delivering globally distributed, scalable and highly resilient web applications. Experience creating conceptual, logical and transitional architectural diagrams, and gaining stakeholder approval.
- Over 5 years of experience creating Architecture roadmaps and operational models that span the technology, application and data layers for complex, high-available systems with usage of frameworks like Play/Akka or SpringBoot/Spring WebFlux- Reactive systems, REST and SOAP API's.
- 3-5 years of experience architecting and designing microservices based applications ( Node.JS or Spring-Java or Play/Akka).
- Experience crafting Mobile first strategy designing responsive applications.
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce domain with focus on architecting customer facing applications.
- Deep expertise in designing content management taxonomies/data models and efficient content delivery mechanisms. Experience with headless content delivery models is a plus.
- Over 5 years of experience in content management systems and Digital experience platform architecture and design, preferably with industry leading products like OpenText WEM, Adobe AEM and/or Drupal.
- A strong understanding of Reactive Systems and different web architecture patterns. Deep expertise in designing and developing REST APIs.
- Experience or exposure to emerging web and cloud technologies, methodologies and frameworks like NGINX, ReactJS, Play/Akka, Node.JS, microservices in addition to proven web technologies like Tomcat, Coherence, Ping federate, Spring Framework.
- Experience with Cloud technologies Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), products/standards like Docker Containers, IBM RedHat.
- Experience evaluating and recommending off the shelf technology platforms and products to support business objectives.
- Good understanding and experience in industry frameworks and methodologies like TOGAF, Zachman's framework.
- Experience working as an Architect within projects using Agile methodology.
- Experience authoring IT standards, frameworks and patterns across the Technology, Application and Data architecture domains.
- Experience/exposure to customer service / CRM applications.
- Experience in varied technologies (e.g. eCommerce applications, middleware - Datapower, ESB, MQ, infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, etc.).
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical staff).
- Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
Defining and enhancing the Future-State Digital Ecommerce & Content distribution architecture & supporting digital business initiatives
- Work in a Scaled Agile framework and/or waterfall type project models to develop conceptual, logical, interim and/or target state solution architectures for initiatives.
- Leads and define Digital projects architecture solutions to enable business objectives, and drive stakeholder alignment and drive detail design
- Conducts technology life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks
- Leads and defines the Digital platforms architecture vision to deliver the next generation ecommerce and content platforms, and improve their travel experience with Marriott.
- Defines solutions and patterns that address system and partner integrations
- Leverages short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and advance the overall digital capabilities.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for reuse, migration, or retirement
Developing and Maintaining EA Standards and processes
- Develop prototypes and architecture artifacts to support projects, architecture board and conduct peer reviews.
- Partner and consult with project teams to enable consistent solution design and implementations aligned to the architecture
- Engage in IT governance activities to promote consistency and solution compliance
Building Successful Relationships
- Collaborates with Project Managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise applications
- Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff
- Liaises with vendors and Service Providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals