£9.77 per hour
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a part-time Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply team and work in a large local primary school in Whitby.
This is a fixed term Teaching Assistant role, based within KS1 working with a large class of year 1 pupils. This role will commence in January 2021.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a Level 2 in Teaching and Supporting Learning with experience in a KS1 classroom preferred.
Working as part of a passionate and creative key stage 1 team, the desired teaching assistant will focus on providing a high standard of support to both the child and the class teacher.
This large primary school is looking for a committed and experienced Teaching Assistant to join their team. The Head Teacher and leadership team are dedicated to providing and outstanding level of education to the children within the school.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in supporting teaching & learning in schools.
- Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in an school environment.
- Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Have experience supporting children in primary education in Key Stage 1.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please co