As an Electrical Engineer you will be a leader in the company’s effort to produce the highest quality equipment at the lowest possible cost of production. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities for continuous improvement on the production floor and you will lead projects targeted at improving safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
The Electrical Engineer will apply Engineering principals to improving standardization and providing support to project design.
- Develop electrical/electronic solutions to improve machine performance or compliance with specifications, including software.
- Understand machine, system and/or customer requirements and develop electrical solutions based on these requirements
- Produce electrical engineering documentation such as schematic drawings, harness drawings, design manual content, and operation and troubleshooting guides
- Develop and perform changes in AutoCAD, or CAD and other engineering tools when changes are required.
- Design, construct, and/or test fixtures, and required test infrastructure to support machine test solutions
- Understand machine and/or system requirements and develop test plans based on these requirements.
- Preferred to have experience programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
- Experience with UL/CSA electrical requirements preferred.
- Develop comprehensive test strategies, test plans, testing scenarios and documented results and reports.
- Comprehend Networking design and able to make suggestions and changes to current design strategies.
- Develop, implement, document and support test platforms in a cost effective and timely manner
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to improve or clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units
- Understand PAT (product acceptance testing) test performance with respect to the test parameters and/or specifications.
- Establish proper PM and Calibration procedures for all test and electronic assembly equipment.
- Provide guidance and assistance to technicians or other engineers involved in the assembly of electronic systems
- Uses knowledge of UL to ensure our US shipped machines are UL compliant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: Essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a modern manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated experience a low-volume, project-oriented, manufacturing company - preferably with a company that manufactures large pieces of capital equipment.
- UL , CE and preferably CSA experience
- Specializations include electric power generation, transmission and distribution.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineer or Electro-Mechanical Engineer with experience as an Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
Role: Electrical Engingeer
Apply for this job now.