- Do you want a new and exciting work environment?
- Are you patient and caring?
- Can you rise to the challenge when required?
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a school in New Milton. The school caters for students with autism and Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). It is a Pupil Referral Unit where students will come temporarily with the hope that they will return to mainstream school. The school is currently is a very small school of 20-30 students but is likely to expand to up to 80 students within the next year.
The ideal candidate for this role would be:
- A calm and patient practitioner
- Professional or personal experience working with children and/or adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Dedicated and committed to making a real change in young people's lives
- Have some experience working with children in a school setting or similar
Your role at the school would be to assist the class teacher and possibly support other TA's in the room throughout the school day. Your main duties will include helping pupils with their work, assistance in group work activities, providing an alternative environment for the pupils to work to promote the pupils progress and help them reach their full potential.
What we expect from you:
- A Child only DBS on the Update Service or a willingness to get one
- Willingness to work between 08:30-15:30
What you can expect from Teaching Personnel:
- A dedicated consultant to discuss current or future roles with you
- An extensively discounted CPD programme including some FREE courses
- Payment in house, meaning no fees from Umbrella companies
- £10 an hour
- 13 weeks off per year.
If you feel this would be the role for you or you would be interested in a similar role, then please apply today!