Position Summary: The Finance Manager provides monthly financial management (AP/AR activities & reporting); oversees daily governmental accounting operations, and detailed reconciliation; forecasting; annual budget development; financial analysis, including development and maintenance of automated financial databases and reporting systems; financial and other required reporting to the State and other entities as required; development and implementation of financial and other business related policies; and ongoing management of financial resources for state appropriated funds, government funds, private contracts and affiliate funding totaling over $2 million dollars per year for the Santa Cruz County Provisional Community College District (SCCPCCD).
In addition, the Finance Manager directs the financial portfolio of the non-profit, SCC Educational Foundation (SCCEF), and may have responsibilities for aspects of business functions in SCCPCCD such as purchasing.
Essential Functions: As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATRIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
Duties and Responsibilities: Within this scope of district policies and procedures, this position:
Performs all A/P Functions, Bank Reconciliations and Payroll Administration.
Prepares and presents annual budget for SCCPCCD.
Prepares annual financial statements for submission to the AZ Auditor General’s office, and provides support for audit.
Prepares monthly financial reports for SCCPCCD Board Members and Board Meetings.
Prepares financial reports for SCCEF Board Members and Board Meetings.
Collaborates with SCCPCCD Educational Partners for state, federal, and grant financial reporting.
Provides financial forecasting and budget analysis as requested by SCCPCCD CEO/Executive Director.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
General Expectations: Employees are expected to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective and competent manner and strive for quality and excellence in all work performed. Additionally, employees must understand the comprehensive role of the community college and cooperate and work harmoniously with students, faculty, staff, and the public. Employees will follow all college policies, rules, regulations and guidelines as they relate to this position.
Education and Experience Requirements: College degree in related area and minimum five years of experience in accounting, finance, or other related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices, and systems
• Thorough understanding of fund accounting, cost accounting standards, cost transfer policy, effort reporting, travel and reimbursement policies
• Proven ability using spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, including Excel and Access, fiscal management, and financial reports
• Ability to independently gather required information to organize, and perform financial analysis assignments
• Proven ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner • Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and implement new processes and best practices
• Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; strong service orientation and critical thinking skills; and attention to detail.
• Proven ability using organizational skills to multi-task in a high volume environment
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to function as a member of a team
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively across competing deadlines, and maintain high standards of organization and data/record management.
Physical Requirements: Essential functions of this position require: ability to communicate (both written and verbal),
strong customer service skills, data entry/data resource skills, ability to sit for many hours at one time, with strong organization, filing, and data information recovery skills.
Reports to: CEO/Executive Director of the SCCPCCD
Resumes accepted at: SCCPCCD Office; 2021 N. Grand Avenue, Nogales, AZ 85621 or directly to---
Santa Cruz County Provisional Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning community members, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Role: FINANCE MANAGER
Apply for this job now.