- Are you a graduate with referable child based experience?
- Alternatively, do you have recent experience as a Youth Worker, Sports Coach, Teaching Assistant etc?
- Would you like the opportunity to work across a range of secondary schools in Wrexham?
The Educate Group work with a select number of Secondary High Schools across Wrexham; providing temporary and long-term cover across Key Stages 3,4 and 5. If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' and are a 'Preferred Supplier' on the new National Procurement Service (NPS) Framework for Wales. We use our combined 50 years actual teaching, youth and Senior Leadership experience to help guide, inspire and nurture the established and next generation of specialist Teachers and School Support Staff.
What will I be expected to do?
Your role will be to supervise cover work set by the Teacher in their absence between the hours of 08.30 to 15.30. You will be expected to manage the behaviour of pupils in line with the school's behaviour policy, respond to any questions that pupils might have about the process, collect any work at the end of each lesson and report back as appropriate on any issues that arose.
What qualifications do I need?
A relevant undergraduate degree or Level 3 qualification and GCSE passes (or equivalent) in both maths and English.
What skills or qualities do I need?
You will need strong behaviour management skills and a presence in the classroom is vital. A sense of humour and an abundance of patience is also required, as is the need to be punctual.
What experience do I need?
You will be asked to provide referable experience relating to you working with children through any one of the following:
- Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
- Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor
- Sports Coach
- Volunteering as part of university study
- Youth and/or community work
- Pupil Referral Units (PRU's)
- Children Care Homes
- ALN/SEND Schools
- Independent Living Departments
What registrations do I need to hold?
A clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service and registration with the EWC (Education Workforce Council). A new DBS can be processed through Educate.
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted PGCE/SCITT opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.