GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK AS DATA QUALITY SPECIALIST
Solugenix is a professional staffing and IT consulting firm, committed to meeting the needs of its candidates and clients. When you join Solugenix, you join the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, distinguished by a history of industry innovation. Long before they were commonplace, our pioneering systems became the DNA of today’s technologies. From firsts in cell phone billing systems, to web-based mapping and routing solutions, to fast food help desks, Solugenix drives IT solutions around the world.
CHOOSE INNOVATION. CHOOSE VALUE. CHOOSE SOLUGENIX!
Data Quality Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Contract to Hire
Position is responsible for the working with the Data Quality team in the development of the Data Quality strategy, framework, operating model and the ongoing operations of the function and related activities. Establishes data accuracy steps by enrolling various stakeholders, data owners, data stewards and data custodians. Manages remediation of issues, performs data profiling and generates data quality scorecard. Builds a strong data profiling and data quality management function to closely manage quality of critical data elements.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Data Quality function setup, management and Operations
- Minimum 5 years of data profiling experience and root cause analysis in the financial and banking sectors
- Minimum 3 years of experience with an enterprise data quality tool
- Minimum 5 years of consulting and facilitation skills
- Implement and operationalize the Data Management strategy and framework
- Define a multi-year Data Quality Roadmap to mature data quality capability
- Define Quality metrics, target and indicators then ensure ongoing compliance with quality targets
- Prescribe validation and enrichment concepts to improve the quality and completeness of data.
- Promote a culture of data quality and reliability with LOBs and IT
- Perform data profiling, lead root cause analyses and report parsing to monitor data quality levels.
- Actively manage and document key data issues and root cause.
- Manage data quality documentation and communication of findings
- Lead the Data Remediation Forum to drive timely communication and remediation of key issues.
- Interact closely with data owners and the BI/Reporting teams to define Data Quality Procedure for critical reports and data sets.
- Produce data quality scorecard on a recurring basis
- Participates in the definition of standard data quality and governance procedures. Deliverables may include: Governance model and procedures; Data quality standards; Introduction of appropriate reporting and transparency capabilities required to understand and manage the quality, storage and usage of information.
- Promote a culture of high data quality to increase information accuracy and integrity
- Partner with IT to automate data profiling, parsing, quality validation checks, reports and scorecards
- Collaborate with Data Governance and Policy lead to enrich data lineage and business glossary
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of requirements gathering, design methodology and building test cases - detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues
- Experience with banking related regulations for data quality such as CCAR, Basel III, BCBS, AML, Fraud detection.
- Advanced knowledge within the data management and data governance disciplines
- Experience in taking strategic data programs and operationalizing them within a formal data ecosystem
- Strongly familiar with key data concepts such as Data Quality Management, Data Profiling, Data Aggregation, Metadata Management, Data Standards, Metadata Management, Data Dictionary, and Data Domains
- Able to troubleshoot data related issues and support modifications and maintenance.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders
- Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
- Strong project management experience, able to drive initiatives from planning through execution
- Experience with eliciting requirements and design - detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / business issues
- Experience in a highly regulated industry such as banking or financial services highly desired
Solugenix, the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, delivers comprehensive, managed-services IT solutions known for their innovation, value and dependability. Our custom IT services, including Application Lifecyle Management Services, Business Applications Support, Custom Inbound/Outbound Call Centers, IT Service Desk Operations and Support and Professional Staffing solutions are tailored to unique industry requirements and delivered with predictable, manageable costs to optimize mission-critical transactions, drive business value and support customer success.
Role: Senior Data Quality Specialist
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.