Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Payroll and Tax Specialist
About the Firm:
- CFS of New York is working with one of the largest and most prestigious global law firms located in Midtown, Manhattan
- Aggressive growth in their New York branch brings growth opportunities to their employees
- Supportive environment that promotes expansion of skill set throughout career with firm
- In addition to being an integral part of the Payroll department, this role will be a liaison to the Finance team and own those relationships with the team
- Competitive salary and benefits including comprehensive medical benefits, generous PTO and a great working culture
- Role will start on a remote basis and will begin a hybrid schedule in the fall.
Responsibilities of the Payroll and Tax Specialist will include:
- Assisting in processing payroll for the firm on a semi-monthly basis and work as the backup for the team when needed
- Responsible for review of payroll reconciliations and ensuring all balances have cleared, including any discrepancies between payroll journals and banking debits/credits
- Ensuring partner deductions are correctly recorded and processed for annual K-1 reporting.
- Communicate with city and state tax agencies
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities
Experience of the Payroll and Tax Specialist:
- Bachelors Degree with 3+ years of relevant payroll experience
- Experience working on daily payroll processing and tax on ADP Workforce Now or other relevant payroll system
- Experience with multi-state tax rules, benefits, compliance is a plus
- Professional demeanor and ability to communicate effectively with management, attorneys and partners
Did you know that CFS has a referral program? We offer a CASH bonus on any candidates referred over to us for any of our permanent/temporary roles. If you know of anyone who is seeking a new role, feel free to share our information and if they are placed you will receive a CASH bonus.