Ensure Compliance with all Safety Rules & Regulations
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report writing and incident investigation in both Spanish and English
- Represent PetersenDean with Builders/Contractors on all Safety Programs.
- Responsible for facility safety and security compliance including job sites, warehouses, and offices
- Ensure that all employees are knowledgeable on the Emergency Action Plan and PetersenDean policy and procedure
- Regularly distribute, inspect and replace worn PPE in the field
- Partner with Claims Administrator in managing Return-to-work Program for Workers’ Compensation (Light Duty)
- Distribute and track weekly Tailgate Meetings -- Insure compliance and proper documentation.
- Notify manager of safety supplies needed. Track and control inventory
- Conduct regular safety meetings with Field Supervisors, Crew Leaders and field personnel.
- Lead Safety Council Meetings
- Facilitate Orientation Training and other training as required by company and OSHA (Roofers, DOT Driver - Fleet Safety, forklift certification, etc.) in both Spanish and English.
- Work Disciplinary Policy with supervisors, crew leaders and employees
- Incident Analysis Reports including all follow-through including communication of final investigation report to everyone involved
- Communicate company policies, and procedures with Spanish/English speaking employees.
- Conduct job hazard analyses and field safety inspections
- Ensure that each job site conforms to all applicable safety/Company regulations
- Ensure that all company drivers and/or vehicles follow our Fleet Safety Program
- (Review/Update SDS) Insure Hazcom compliance on all job-site.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write, and speak)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 4-5 years related Roofing/Safety experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within the roofing/solar/construction industry is highly desirable, but not a requirement
- Knowledge in federal and local safety rules and regulations is a must (Cal OSHA / OSHA). Ability to understand and apply all OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Good oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one (and in small groups) to both employees and external customers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form and deal with problems in a creative manner.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Enjoy working hard, action oriented.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision -- must be a self-starter.
- Not afraid of heights and going on to roof tops
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is one of the largest independent roofing and solar companies in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems for homeowners, commercial customers and home builders. Founded more than 30 years ago on the belief that good roofs are built by good people, we continue to take pride in every roof we build today. Our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
Role: Safety Inspector
Apply for this job now.