The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient mechanical maintenance of all manufacturing equipment. Significant experience with paper manufacturing and equipment, high speed rotating equipment, pumps, and piping is required. This position supervises up to twenty maintenance employees and another twenty maintenance employees indirectly. This position is expected to be primarily self-directed and require minimal guidance to achieve results. Close collaboration with the paper mill leadership team is essential for success in this position. The ability to forecast maintenance needs and execute work to meet timelines and budgets, as well as skill development, assessment, and training of the group are key responsibilities.
- Ensure all work performed by internal resources and contractors complies with the company safety policies and results in an incident-free work environment
- Evaluate all projects and/or work tasks prior to execution to ensure no safety hazards are created during work performed
- Responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance of paper mill equipment
- Develop annual mill maintenance budget, approve and monitor expenditures, report variances to budget
- Lead assignments, work orders and projects from concept through implementation, develop budgets and timelines, forecast spending and resource requirements
- Design and execute preventive and predictive maintenance programs to optimize equipment life and minimize operating cost
- Drive root cause failure analysis program in the mill
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations applicable to manufacturing equipment condition and modification, particularly OSHA regulations
- Current knowledge of paper mill equipment, pumps, piping, rotating equipment, rigging and hoisting equipment, welding
- Ability to develop project and work scopes, timelines, resources requirements
- Current knowledge of mechanical maintenance technology, predictive and preventive maintenance techniques, practices, developments, and services
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- CMMS experience preferred
Marcal, A Soundview Paper Company is led by experienced leaders and industry veterans, with more than 150 years of expertise in tissue and recycled fiber-based business. Each member has held several executive management positions in the past with some of the industries largest and most recognized companies, bringing a wealth of experience and proven success to Marcal. The team recognizes the heritage of this historic paper company, and is committed to revitalizing and growing it to create real long-term value for the company, its customers and business partners.
Marcal firmly believes that strong customer relationships are essential for long-term success, and is committed to understanding our customers needs and ensuring that we satisfy them. We support the principles of quality and service with the most accessible and responsive sales team in the business.
For more than 60 years, Marcal's manufacturing facilities have produced a wide range of paper solutions with a commitment to stewardship of our environment. The company developed and implemented technology for recycling waste paper into pulp over six decades ago, making it one of the earliest companies in the paper products industry to go green, before it was fashionable. Today, we offer a broad line of 100% recycled bath tissue, paper towels, napkins and facial tissue for both home and commercial use, all manufactured without chlorine bleaching, fragrances or dyes. The company uses more than 200,000 tons of recyclable paper each year in its manufacturing process, and since 2000, has saved nearly 2.4 million trees annually. In 2009, we received the Corporate Citizen Award from the Reeves-Reed Arboretum for our paper recycling efforts and advocacy, and continue to be recognized throughout the industry for our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Role: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Elmwood Park,
Apply for this job now.