The Restoration Technician is responsible for working as part of a team to perform emergency services and contents restoration work while adhering to company policies and procedures regarding remediation. The individual will also adhere to EPA, OSHA, and local requirements regarding safety and hazardous materials handling. Other qualifications and responsibilities might arise as deemed necessary by circumstances. The individual must be available for emergency response work after-hours and on weekends.
· Perform content restoration work residential and commercial properties
· Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, packing customers’ contents, general on-location cleaning, HVAC cleaning and deodorization of facilities
· Assists with the inventory of site contents, setup of emergency services equipment, preparing contents for storage and lifting items into storage
· Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and site-specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
· Operate routinely used tools and equipment
· Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment
· Warehouse maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance
· Perform work at high elevations such as from a ladder and scaffolding
· Hazardous Waste Operations
· All other duties as assigned
Technical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
Communication Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Work Environment: Working around equipment and machinery, the work environment is usually dirty, dusty and noisy, on uneven ground/surfaces containing hazardous or potentially hazardous substances and/or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions and temperatures. Work includes handling hazardous materials and use of personal protective equipment. Frequent travel is required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: Must be in good physical health and be able to meet the medical clearance requirements of an OSHA (HAZWOPER) medical surveillance physical examination and drug screening. Able to wear full and half face respirator, work in confined spaces and regularly lift and carry 75 pounds.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of Construction experience, working on water/fire damage jobs specifically, environmental experience and hazardous waste.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Construction industry experience preferred. IICRC Water Restoration certification is a plus. Heavy equipment operation and maintenance experience a plus. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, strong work ethic with the ability to follow directions. Good communication skills and commitment to company safety policy are a must. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Bilingual English/Spanish is encouraged, but not required.
American Technologies, Inc. has been in business for the past 30 years with 1,100+ employees have been part of the ATI team for longer than 20 years. We are a family-owned and operated business with a professional culture, which sets us apart in our industry. Apply with us and become part of something bigger.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Role: Restoration Technician
Apply for this job now.