Company: VALENT U.S.A. LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Valent U.S.A. is currently looking for a Sustainable Solutions Sales Specialist to work in the Great Lakes area with our Sales team.
Valent U.S.A. LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited, engages in the development, registration, sales and marketing of integrated technological solutions for crop production and pest management that deliver value for our customers and stakeholders. A leading crop protection firm serving the agricultural and non-crop products markets in North America, Valent products help growers produce safe and abundant food and fiber crops, and horticultural professionals improve the quality of life for their customers. The corporate motto, Products That Work, From People Who Care®, describes the company's business philosophy. Valent seeks out and provides customers with innovative and effective solutions to their production challenges. Our vision is to be the best company delivering integrated solutions of biorational and traditional crop protection solutions to our customers. Valent is dedicated to creating a world that is healthier and more comfortable, and that has a sustainable abundance of quality, affordable food, helping crops to be the ultimate renewable resource.
The purpose of this job is to increase sales of the Valent USA Sustainable Solution products with an emphasis on the BioRational Brand of products. This SS Specialist & Team Leader will conduct sales calls on targeted farmers/growers and those individuals that influence their choice of product use such as PCA's and highly influential advisors and consultants within their assigned territory. This job will work in a coordinated partnership with their assigned Territory Account Managers that will focus on the Distributor, Retailer and Dealer to influence the required sales support to meet the grower demand for the Sustainable Solution created by the SS Specialist.
The Sustainable Solution & BioRational sales goals will be equally shared between the SS Specialist and their assigned Territory Account Manager(s).
- Develop “expert” relationship within assigned territory/geography with key Growers, PCA's, Consultants and other Centers of Influence working in collaboration with the assigned Ag sales Team that will focus on the Distributor, Retailer, Dealer and their Linked PCA's & Distributor Sales and Agronomic Representatives.
- Develop relationship with TAM's, RAM's and FMD's so that person can be used as a sales tool at key grower accounts across the assigned geography.
- Work with TAM's to create and execute sustainable solution sales growth action plans to include situation, objective and tactics designed to deliver planned sales growth for each of the primary BioRational Brands within their assigned area.
- Deliver expected sales results with minimal supervision.
- Communicate to FMD changes to product recommendations, labeling, and COI support and influence with the assigned territory.
- Identify geographies, crops, customers or businesses to work with throughout the territory that will achieve biorational budgets.
- Discover new market fits for Valent Sustainable Solutions for technology department to examine further.
- Enter assigned grower accounts in InSite and provide call notes for each contact in person, phone or other relevant means.
- Carry out activities directed by supervisor in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Provide technical services, and advice on the use, properties, and modifications of products. Services accounts, diagnosing and solving customer problems. Determines need for new products or improvements to existing products. Evaluates market and industry trends, competitors, sales programs and territory coverage. Prepares budget for all products handled.
- BA/BS, MBA or equivalent, with 7-10 years of related experience
- Strong technical selling skills using plots, data, and proof materials to close sales at the grower level.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail. Ability to write and communicate clearly via comprehensive reports, with accuracy and across a broad audience.
- Strong business planning skills with a solid understanding of strategic marketing principles, business planning, and distribution systems.
- Proven sales track record of creating demand through non-price value creation
Physical Demands and Work Environment (FIELD Position)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands include constant walking, standing, bending at the neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting at the neck and waist, simple grasping, power grasping, and fine manipulation with hands, pushing and pulling with hands, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.; also frequent lifting and carrying of up to 75 lbs., occasional sitting and lifting and carrying of up to 100+ lbs. Travel by air or car up to 75% of the time and will be required to drive safely for long distances.
- Work Environment includes exposure to or working in or around moving cars, trucks, forklifts, equipment and machinery including a computer keyboard and mouse; uneven ground; excessive noise; extremes in temperature, humidity, or wetness; dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals; venomous insects and animals, heights; operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement; use of special visual or auditory protective equipment. May be required to work outdoors in an agricultural crop field, assist in putting out demonstration plots, wear respirator and other personal protection equipment.
- Frequency Definitions: Constant = Over 40% / Frequent = Up to 40% / Occasional = Up to 10%