Job Description School CNA Classroom Aide Tempe, AZ
Our School is located at 1830 E. Del Rio Dr., Tempe AZ
Approximate School Staff Hours are 7:00-2:30 M-F , following a school calendarPosition is immediately available
The Menta S.T.E.P. Program is a 9-12 therapeutic day school that meets the social-emotional needs of special education students. Student ages range from 14-22 years. School size is less than 60 students presently. As a School CNA and Classroom Aide, you will:
- Have the dual-responsibility of acting as a Classroom Aide and also tending to the general medical needs of all students within the school.
- 80% of the time: Provide individual medical needs for a student within a classroom and act as a classroom aide within that room.
- 20% of the time: Meet the medical needs of the school which may include-but is not limited to-overseeing the dispensing and documentation of student medications, tending to student illness or injury (school-wide). School size is < 60 students.
- Provide behavior support in a self-contained classroom (classroom size of 12 students)
- Communicate behavioral concerns of students to appropriate staff
- Maintain behavioral program policies and data for student to which you're assigned.
- Provide general supervision of students inside the school setting as well as on community trips
- Respond to emergency situations
- Provide interventions with students to assist in managing behaviors
Benefits & Pay
- Current CNA Certification Required
- Ability to obtain CPI Certification strongly preferred
- At least 23 years of age.
- Previous experience working with special needs children
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
How to applyApply for Job ID 1097 at
- Salaried Pay
- A variety of affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available for full-time employees and any spouse/family.
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Generous Paid-Benefit Time Off
Inquiries may be
directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
E: #removed# E.O.E.The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.Accreditation
Special Education Services, an affiliate of The Menta Group is approved under the Arizona Board of Education as a Private Therapeutic Day school serving students with primary disabilities of Autism, MIID, MOID, ED, OHI, LD, SLD, and TBI.Company Description
The Menta Group, Special Education Services (Est. 1973) is a network of private and some public-private partnership therapeutic day schools, meeting the social-emotional needs of students PK-Age 22. Programming from location to location varies in special education focus and grade level.Our accredited therapeutic day schools are in Illinois and Arizona and we are growing!Role: School CNA and Classroom Aide Job Type: Location: Tempe, Apply for this job now.