T and D Communications is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our expanding Cellular and Public Safety DAS team. T and D Communications is a privately-held service Corporation specializing in Data/Voice structured cabling, DAS, CATV, Surveillance, Access Control and various Communication Systems. Working closely with department executives, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction program management and oversight of resources in the deployment of fiber and copper based wireless networks, including but not limited to indoor and outdoor DAS systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage vendor partner relationships to drive overall project progress.
· Provide internal and external reporting and metrics on all active projects.
· Attend and/or run project status meetings with clients, partners and/or contractors.
· Interact with municipal officials and other relevant governmental agencies as required in the selection, permitting, and approval of DAS and related projects.
· Ensure adherence to contract and design specifications managing cost, schedule, and quality.
· Perform regular field inspections, audits, and overall quality control for all active projects.
· Responsible to manage projects through project close-out and customer acceptance ensuring as-built documentation is complete and accurate and diligence related to critical invoicing matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· 5-7 years equivalent professional experience in project management, preferably in the
DAS and telecommunications industry.
· Strong familiarity with wireless telecommunications industry required with technical
understanding of network construction and specifically DAS systems.
· Qualified candidate will have strong project management experience, a commitment to quality and cost consciousness, as well as the innate ability to prioritize multiple projects.
· Strong interpersonal skills, Good communication skills, verbal and written. Confronts and addresses issues openly and quickly, tactfully communicates difficult and sensitive information.
· Ability to learn new technologies and hardware quickly.
· Meticulous approach to producing high quality results, Results orientation with a strong focus on meeting challenging customer commitments.
- A strong background with RF theory, specifically as it applies to DAS installations.
- Experience installing & managing DAS installations.
- Ability to read blue prints and Visio & iBwave drawings.
- Thorough understanding of OTDR, Spectrum Analyzer (Anritsu), Signal Generator and thorough understanding of CAT 6/ Fiber/ Coax (1/2"+) installation, including sweep testing of coax & fiber.
What’s In It for You?
- The opportunity to use your experience and knowledge with a successful organization.
- The opportunity to work with an organization with a strong presence and reputation.
- An attractive and competitive compensation/benefits package, commensurate with your experience; Medical (with 100% Company paid premiums, Dental, 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and an opportunity for personal growth with our ‘pay for training’ programs.
T and D Communications is a privately-held service corporation specializing in Data/Voice structured cabling, DAS, CATV, CCTV, Access Control and various Communication Systems. In business since 1982 and with offices in California and Texas. T and D Communications is an established successful company with an excellent reputation.
Role: DAS Project Manager - Telecommunications
Apply for this job now.