IMS-Global Gear, a rapidly growing manufacturer/supplier of precision machined components, is looking for a HIGHLY energetic, highly innovative and personable Setup Person-CNC Mill, Turning & Lathe to join our TEAM.
Global Gear & Machining offers a compensation packages which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401k! Candidates must have extensive experience with Excel and must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
About Global Gear & Machining
IMS Global Gear & Machining specializes in the contract manufacture of mid to high volume diesel gears, pulleys and precision machined components.
IMS Global Gear & Machining is a well-known and proven choice for the design and manufacture of helical and spur gears, assemblies, for engines, pulleys, fuel pumps, auxiliary drives and shaft adapters.
Apply immediately for this challenging and exciting career opportunity within a growing company with excellent compensation and a great benefits package.
Set up / maintain required machinery with maximum accuracy and efficacy while performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions
· Set-up, monitor and troubleshoot various CNC machines (lathe, mill, etc.)
· Follow setup instructions, verify supplied part programs, and make minor edits.
· Ability to read and understand engineering blue prints.
· Inspect parts prior to QA submission and make necessary minor adjustments as needed to meet process prints.
· Interprets M&M / CMM chart data to correct setup / operating errors.
· Trains operators on machine functionality and inspection criteria / process (SPC).
· Monitors operator quality and productivity.
· Responsible for safety, housekeeping and scrap within designated cells.
· Preferred experience in machining forgings and alloy steels and maintaining tight production tolerances.
Competencies (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the job successfully.)
Education- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Experience/Training - 5 year related experience or training.
Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, understanding of GD & T ability to solve problems using geometry (diameter, radius, arc, triangles etc)
*Commensurate with experience
Role: Setup Person-CNC Mill Turning Lathe
Location: Downers Grove,
Apply for this job now.