Employee must be available for overtime during peak seasons.
We are a commercial printing and direct mail production company seeking hard working, motivated individuals to join our bindery production team.
- are you dependable,
- do you have a great attention to detail,
- are you quality conscious,
- do you have a desire to learn
- do you desire to be part of one of the best companies of its kind
Responsible for supervising department personnel. Ensures that work is being done in the most efficient and productive manner. Responsible for checking all jobs for quality and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following prioritized duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Department Goals, Strategies, and Procedures
- Establishes department goals, strategies, and procedures
- Department Goals specific goals that when achieved will accumulate into fulfillment of Company Vision
- Strategies specific action plans that when taken will cause internal goals to be realized
- Systems & Procedures specific systems and procedures to implement strategies
- Individual Actions motivates and rewards individuals for actions that achieve department goals and lead to the fulfillment of the Company vision
- Checks job for quality at the beginning of the run and spot checking throughout the run time
- Checks and delivers samples to the production office daily
- Checks job jackets to ensure accuracy on finishing instructions, counts are correct,splits on deliveries and correct destinations and make sure samples were done and look acceptable
- Schedules work in the most efficient manner
- Assigns employees to their jobs
- Assists with set-ups and trouble shooting
- Ensures that production is running at it's maximum
- Operates Bindery equipment when necessary
- Monitors department safety regulations ensuring that employees are using protective gear and complying with government regulations.
- Reports all workers compensation accidents and completes the necessary paperwork for filing
- Trains and cross train personnel on equipment and procedures
- Keeps employees abreast of new and better ways of performing their jobs
- Maintains machinery and reports any missing or broken parts
- Keeps area clean and organized
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have knowledge of MBO roll and sheet folders, Stahl sheet folders, Polar Cutters, Muller saddle stitchers, Palamides Banders. Must be familiar with personalized mail of all kinds. Bi-lingual English/Spanish speaking a plus.
Navistar Direct Marketing participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Navistar Direct Marketing will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ("SSA") and/or the Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") of your authorization to work in the United States.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a comprehensive criminal background investigation.
Navistar Direct Marketing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Navistar Direct Marketing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.