Certified Azure Engineer
Location: Washington, DC (Remote through COVID-19)
Looking for a talented and dynamic Azure Engineer that will design, build, provide implementation guidance, and support for our program.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflows, and determine the best solutions for a successful enterprise Azure infrastructure.
- Work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Utilize automation tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Git, Electric Flow (Electric Cloud), or similar tools.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring monitoring solutions for Azure for Windows and Linux servers.
- Manage firewalls, VPNs, and remote access to servers, based on different user roles and access requirements.
- Work in a DevOps capacity with a desire to automate all repetitive processes within the Azure environment.
- Maintain end-to-end security ensuring best practices are always implemented.
- Provision and maintain all servers using configuration management tools, including Chef.
- Develop solutions using cloud services. Research into, and implementation of, new Azure tools to improve efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness.
- Working knowledge of supporting IT infrastructure technologies and standards including software & hardware life cycle, system configuration policies, security, hardening, High Availability, Disaster Recovery etc.
- Monitor and report to management on actual and projected tasks.
- Delivering Infrastructure as Code using Azure.
- Cloud orchestration and automation tools.
- Providing continuous monitoring and support.
- Delivering solutions using Agile methodologies.
- Experience with automation tools within an Azure environment in production and lower environments.
- Examples: Chef, Jenkins, Git, Electric Flow (Electric Cloud).
- Strong practical Linux and Windows based systems administration skills and scripting experience in Azure.
- Experience with the planning, configuration, optimization and deployment of Microsoft Azure solutions (IaaS, PaaS, VMs, AD, Automation, Monitor, Backup/recovery etc.).
- BS degree in an applicable area (Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- Azure Certified
- Minimum 4+ years hands-on experience supporting Azure cloud environments, developing and administering an IT operations environment, and administering servers on Windows or Linux platforms.
- Minimum 4+ years' experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment as well as deploying and supporting workloads in Azure.
- Minimum 4+ years' experience working within a DevOps environment, utilizing Azure DevOps tools, developing Azure solutions, and implementing/improving Azure infrastructure processes.
Powered by JazzHR