The successful Production Supervisor candidate, working with an area manager, will work within a structured developmental setting, receiving an introduction to all aspects of production of the Niles operations. During the development period, the candidate will be expected to successfully complete tasks, projects, and stretch assignments aligned with business objectives.
The Production Supervisor position offers the opportunity to become a vital member of a high profile, high energy, titanium production unit, including Melt, Forge, Finishing, Rolling Mill, Water Jet, Sonic or Conditioning, created within a well-established, respected company with decades of industry leading manufacturing performance. Come be part of a team that produces the most highly sought-after titanium products in the world.
Key Responsibilities and Duties will include, with the oversight of an area manager, the following:
- Meeting goals related to Safety, Quality, People, Cost and Housekeeping Excellence
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are being followed
- Accountability for leading an engaged workforce that creates positive employee relations
- Contributing to the daily activities of the plant manufacturing team
- Resolution of day-to-day challenges in scheduling changes, equipment utilization, and personnel requirements.
- Coaching, training, disciplining, motivating and managing hourly manufacturing employees.
- Responsible for up-time on all equipment by partnering with maintenance to manage preventative maintenance, general maintenance assignments, and placing priority on required repairs to assure production goals are realized
- Participate in and assisting with all Continuous Improvement activities and events as well as maintaining department housekeeping
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned department manufacturing process and equipment
- Develop and recommend improvements to facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
- Responsible for completion of various documents required for production and safety needs
- Responsible for entering production, safety and quality data into the company computer system daily, including the management of electronic time cards
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the usage and availability of safety equipment
- Ensure employees are trained per task, and their training is documented per company specifications
- Ensure that all quality procedures are followed to ensure the production of a quality product
- Demonstrate professionalism and leadership that is consistent with Company values
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading projects or people
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Must be available to work all shifts and weekends / holidays as required
- Must have demonstrated supervisor/leadership experience; must provide specifics of experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directing labor force of 10-20 people; leading in a Union environment
- Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as six-sigma and lean manufacturing
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, SAP experience is a plus
- Manufacturing background is preferred, technical troubleshooting is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or advanced education preferred
Role: Production Supervisor
Apply for this job now.