The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design, development and testing of automated electronic and pneumatic control components and systems. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
- Compose and review Machine Functionality Document with customer, detailing the intended function
- Interact with Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Design department personnel
- Program PLC and HMI according to functionality document
- Define and document I/O lists for control system
- Program robots, vision systems, laser welding, leak testers, etc according to functionality document
- Debug/Troubleshoot automated control systems and machine function
- Support machine runoff at plant (or customer) and gain customer approval
- Write technical machine operating manuals
- BS Degree Electrical or other Engineering
- Previous experience with pneumatic design and pneumatic distribution systems
- Proficient with AutoCAD, especially piping layouts, electrical schematics and pneumatic schematics
- Must be able to develop complex control systems and architecture
- Skilled at troubleshooting machinery and reading electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Firm understanding of machine safety standards
- Technical writing and written communication including solid PLC code, ladder logic
- Must have minimum three years of experience in the machine automation field
- Ability to travel to customer sites
The Meehan Group is nationally recognized as an executive recruiting and outplacement consulting firm located in Evansville, Indiana. Serving a wide variety of industries located across the USA, clients include pharmaceutical, plastics, automotive, power generation, distribution, steel, aluminum, consumer products, petroleum, mining, metal stamping, injection molding, extrusion, controls, labor relations, union, non-union, and other manufacturing.
Apply Online or send resume to: #removed#
Role: Controls Engineer
Apply for this job now.