Job #: 578298
Title: Computer User Support 1
Duration: 1 year
Application Deadline: 10/19/18
The Computer User Support 1 provides technical support, diagnostic help and operating instructions at the division or departmental level for users of computers and computing resources.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides support for use of core and environment-specific patient care
and/or client systems and software
· Performs analysis/troubleshooting to resolve problems with hardware and software
· Interfaces with help desk regarding hardware, software and network problems and tracks to resolution
· Assists with development of and provides formal training to users
· Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves user access problems
· Develops and/or maintains department Web or Intranet site
· Attends meetings as a provider of technical information
· Contacts hardware and software vendors for information
· Tests new hardware and software for integrity and usability
· Analyzes routine application requirements and recommends optimal hardware/software solution
· Reports project status and completion
· Sets and reviews priorities based on need and merit
· Recommends department and division computing standards
· Reviews technical journals and relevant literature to stay with changes in technology
· Conducts feasibility and cost/benefit analysis studies
· Writes proposals for consideration or justification of new acquisitions
· Prepares technical reports to be used by management in making decisions about computing systems.
· Arranges for and logs vendor-provided maintenance
· Performs disk compression using utility programs
· Performs backups of installed software, user programs and data; restores data lost due to system failure or operator error
· Maintains system files
· Coordinates requests for installation and wiring needs for new hardware
· Determines environmental and electrical requirements for new installations and computer moves
· Installs components of newly acquired computer systems, sets up and configures systems
· Installs software; maintains records verifying compliance with vendor licensing agreements
· Maintains software archives
· Documents application programs, user instructions, hardware and software installation procedure, software versions, operational procedures and maintains documentation to ensure accuracy
· Maintains lists of sign-ons, passwords, locations of equipment
· Maintains equipment inventory
· Associate’s degree in computer science or related field; OR
· Two years of computer support experience; OR
· An equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients through out the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role: 578298 Computer User Support 1
Apply for this job now.