Network Technician, Stafford, £26K
Networks, Router, Switch, Cisco, Juniper, VPN, Firewall, Wireless…
We are representing a well-established client who is seeking a Network Technician who has a real hunger to develop their career further with network technologies. This role will sit within their Technology Services division and work alongside senior network engineers for you to learn from and shadow. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting all of the network infrastructure and installing cabling changes.
Joining a multi-vendor environment means you will gain exposure to several vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Aruba as well as working daily the latest technologies on the market.
As a Network Technician your day to day responsible will include:
- Support the security, availability and performance of their network infrastructure
- Support the security, availability, and performance of their firewall and gateway technology
- Assist with relevant incident, configuration, availability, capacity, continuity and release management activities in line with the ITIL framework
- 6 months+ commercial experience supporting and maintaining network infrastructures
- Basic knowledge with Cisco Switches & Routers
- Previous working experience with Firewalls (Juniper Junos)
- Experience with VPN Security Management
- Passionate about networking technologies
- Keen to learn and ability to pick things up quickly
If you have the above technical experience and a real thirst for developing skills within cutting edge network technologies, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at 'VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK