Ability to de-escalate clients when they become difficult, unruly and irate. Has the ability to see past others position in life and have compassion to treat people with respect & dignity, even when they are in a negative space. Carry a calm demeanor that is not easily angered by others verbal abuse. Ability to work with a diverse population.
You will be responsible for making sure the facility is safe and secure at all times. Monitoring clients when they enter facility and pay attention to their behavior while they in the facility and assist staff with the removal if clients become verbally and/or physically abusive in a gentle manner. Ability to complete paperwork when needed as well have computer skills in order to complete computer assignments.
- Ability to work with diverse populations (people of color, active drug and alcohol use, mental health and homelessness).
- Must have a calm demeanor and demonstrate patience.
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Computer literacy is a plus.
- Assist with maintaining a clean facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Previous experience working in a similar setting.
- Ability to follow directions.