Customs & Forwarding Manager - VR/21515
The Company & Role:
Our client, a leading shipping and global freight forwarding company, is looking for a Customs & Forwarding Manager to join their team in Wirral.
Duties of the Customs & Forwarding Manager:
Essential Experience required for the Customs & Forwarding Manager:
- To lead Forwarding department.
- To be main contact in interaction with forwarding networks.
- To undertake a range of duties and responsibilities in a customer facing role within the department.
- To include but not be limited to the processing of international transport movements by air, sea and road.
- To maintain a professional, courteous and responsive attitude at all times.
- Liaise with shipping lines/delivery suppliers as required to achieve competitive rates.
- Liaise/interact with customers, new and old to develop sales opportunities.
- Follow the company's systems and processes, using appropriate forms of communication; formal and informal.
- Process purchase invoices, ensuring that costs are correctly allocated, and sales invoices, ensuring processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Issue appropriate shipping documentation including bills of lading, air waybills, collection and delivery notes using the company's laid down systems and procedures.
- Process Import and Export Customs Entries.
- Ensure files are updated as shipments progress, are maintained to a good order and subsequently filed away correctly.
- To comply with company Quality Management System (ISO 9001; 2015).
- Other administrative duties which may arise from time to time.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience in processing of Custom Clearance Entries.
- Show the ability to be a self-starter, and also work as part of both formal and informal teams.
If you're interested in the Customs & Forwarding Manager position, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on #removed# <#removed#>
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit's mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.