Help Desk Analyst IICompensation:
$28.85 to $31.25 hourly
The Service Desk Associate serves as the front line for all technology related issues. He/she is responsible for provisioning, installing, operating, and maintaining systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This candidate must have the ability to think through problems and come up with innovative solutions, possess a strong learning ability, and be eager to work in a rapidly changing environment. This position requires a strong emphasis on customer service, organizational, and process management skills over technical skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
• Provide IT support for all internal users.
• Manage user account creation and termination in Active Directory and other systems.
• Monitor Service Desk tool and respond quickly and effectively to client requests.
• Maintain existing computers and related equipment; troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
• Quote and procure required software/hardware
• Provision and configure new computers, mobile devices, and other accessories.
• Test and install new equipment; move or rearrange existing equipment as needed.
• Provide excellent customer support in resolving any technical matter.
• Escalate and reassign specialty tickets as needed.
• Maintain complete inventory of computers, computer related equipment, phones, and other consumable supplies and parts.
• Relay issues and recommend improvements to the IT Manager.
• Provide or coordinate basic training/instruction for clients.
• Maintain and assist with creating procedures, technical support documentation and knowledge base documents.
• Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
• Manage System backups.
• Manage and maintain virus scan and encryption system.
• Manage and maintain security patches in Windows environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related; or equivalent experience.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience working with IT Service Request systems in an IT support capacity.
• Minimum three (3) years of Windows desktop and COTS software support experience.
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in a customer focused environment; Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• PC/Windows environment experience.
• Minimum one (1) year of practical knowledge of LAN/WAN and computer systems.
• Strong computer hardware and software maintenance and troubleshooting skills and experience.
• Ability and willingness to and learn new technologies and apply them effectively.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with customers and peers; tactful and effective customer communications.
• Ability to quickly resolve problems.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.