A huge Tier 1 contractor established within the rail industry our client has a brilliant opportunity working on a new project in Birmingham as a Document Controller.
As Document Controller you will:
- Manage and deliver the process of distribution of deliverables and ensure good relationships with external and internal clients who require deliverables and documentation.
- Checking the quality of documents (you will not be expected to check for Engineering quality or Safety quality).
- Monitor the document control processes once set up and continually improve them.
- Team up and work with the other document controllers and supplier document/information controllers who will feed into you as they support their teams in these locations.
- Provide training to the team regarding document management systems.
- Actively resolve issues and blockers in the document management systems when they emerge and demonstrate a calm, professional approach throughout.
- Set an excellent example to the document control teams so they can aspire to meet your level of rigour and professionalism for document management.
- Publishing/issuing deliverables along with the associated transmittals
- Managing deliverables through their lifecycle
- Managing technical queries and requests for information
- Maintaining and issuing document registers
- Report to the Document Control Managers
- Other duties that would deem to be appropriate for this role to be identified in the future in collaboration with you.
- Relevant successful experience in the management of information and documentation in an engineering project environment.
- Rail experience (preferred)
- Salary of Up To £35,000
- 40 hr Working week
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Health Insurance and Life Insurance
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to #removed# or call 07533718790 for more information.
Ganymede Solutions specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.