Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build a system that will support next generation unmanned agricultural machines and remotely operated systems? As a full-stack developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced environment. We're looking for a developer with the skills needed to build a complete command and control system for unmanned off-highway vehicles from vision to production-ready system with updates and enhancements thereafter.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify and implement system improvements. With a host of programming protocols, you will work with the development team to build functional capabilities for next generation unmanned agricultural systems. You will analyse the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. You will receive full training in existing agricultural machine control systems and requirements as well as GNSS systems and GNSS correction systems.
This role will be based at home but will require frequent travel to test sites and customers which may involve international travel from time to time.
Empower change with us.
- Experience as a software developer supporting vehicle technology.
- Hands-on experience in coding with programming languages that include Python, C++, CodeSys and ROS (Robot Operating System)
- A firm understanding of CAN BUS and the J1939 standard
- Experience in working with data base management systems
- Experience with Linux Environment
- Knowledge of Swift 4+ and the foundational iOS frameworks
- A knowledge of Xcode, IB and Auto Layout.
- Knowledge and experience in areas related to sensing, localization, and navigation
- Classical feedback control theory, analysis and design techniques
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in writing software specific to unmanned autonomous systems, including software code for vehicle system autonomy and unmanned vehicle control.
- Experience in ISOBUS
- Experience in working with LiDAR, Cameras. Reconstructing trajectories from sensor data to optimize the vehicle performance
- Experience with state estimation, inertial navigation, GPS, IMU/wheel encoder sensors, sensor fault detection and tolerance
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree
- MS degree in CS, Software Engineering, or related field
- Large vehicle operation experience
So, why us?:
- Competitive salary - with flexible working hours structured more on task, than hours worked
- All necessary equipment, laptop, mobile phone etc
- Company vehicle and tools
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus annually dependent upon personal performance
We are a relatively young business but with many years' experience in agricultural machine control, GNSS and GNSS correction, and as such are highly respected in the industry. After many years of being at the forefront of manufactures technology it now time to lead the age of agriculture's digital revolution as we focus on the development of connected and driverless machines that will reshape the whole industry. Joining us is your chance to help redefine who we are and where we are going.
Role: Mechatronics Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Snainton, Yorkshire,
Apply for this job now.