Mentmore’s Security practice are looking for a brand new Head of Cyber Defence to be the security leader on all security engagements for the UK and Europe. The organisation is a market leader currently headed by their Global CISO. This gives the opportunity for somebody to be the first to build security from top down, and enterprise wide while maturing a brand new security team from scratch
They are looking for Subject-matter-expert with a track record in improving, definimg/building out capabilities whilst maturing the effectiveness of the current security landscape. You will need to have previous experience in identifying threats and amanging how to prevent, remediate and action out if there is a breach/attack. Experience in managing and reviewing operational security controls, SIEM, IDS/IPS, patch management, network security, anti-phishing, forensics, incident response that will define the mid to long term strategy to protect our client from misuse and attack.
• Keeps current on security risks and trends
• Identifies possible risk points and recommends solutions
• Conducts training on IT security related subjects
• Hands on skills & experience doing ethical hacking
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts
• Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis
• Should have either vendor or industry standard IT Security certification(s)
• Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members
• Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
• Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Provide CSIRT support as needed in response to information security related events.
• Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco firewalls and IDS/IPS devices an advantage
What will make you the ideal candidate?
You'll currently be working within Cyber Security and will have proven experience leading on security initiatives within an organisation. You'll have in depth knowledge of security technologies, previous technical hands on experience in network security, patch management, anti-phishing and SIEM-based analysis and development. Working in environments subject to compliance standards (PCI DSS, ISO 27001 etc) you'll have extensive experience with proactive threat hunting, incident response to security issues and threat management.
As we're a fast paced organisation, you'll be able to cope with pressure and be adaptable to change. You'll be an excellent communicator, able to engage with stakeholders across the business at all levels.
Role: Head of Cyber Defence
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, England,
Apply for this job now.