I came across your details on an online job board as someone who potentially could be interested in the role I have for a Highway Works Programmer on behalf of the local council. To apply please respond with your CV & Contact details.
Location - Shropshire Council (SY1)
Pay Rate - £17.06 to £19.29 P/H
Start Date - ASAP
Contract - Temp - 3-6 Months (Unless Stated Otherwise) Maternity Cover
Your key responsibilities will be:
Responsible for Permit Application submit in regards of works for road purposes; applying and agreeing conditions of work Responsible for approval of Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders, Road Closures, highway licence application in regards to works for road purposes county wide.
- To aggregate and be responsible for the inclusion of the Council's annual programme of works on the Streets Register, Council's website in accordance with Section 58 of the New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Ensuring parity between works for road purposes and utility works at all times
- Provide advice and guidance to Shropshire Council's term contractor and Consultant in regards to street works and their legal requirement for compliance
- Identify collaborative working opportunities
- Act as a point of contact for advice and assistance in regards to works for road purposes
- Responsible for Permit Application submit in regards of works for road purposes; applying and agreeing conditions of work
- Responsible for approval of Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders, Road Closures, highway licence application in regards to works for road purposes county wide.
- Ensure that any variation permit received in regards to works for road purposes are processed in line with relevant processes and within the legislative timescale ensuring none are deemed.
- Degree in a highway, street works, construction field or relevant experience
- Extensive working knowledge of the Traffic Management Act 2004 and the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within a Highway, Engineering or street works role
- Experience working within a Street / Engineering environment
- Experience of working with Contractors
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your recent CV.