Turner & Townsend's key technology client is seeking a Project Manager to manage the design for several large-scale ground-up data center construction projects.
The Design Project Manager will be responsible for managing the design process and the Architect/Engineer from master planning/basis of design stage through issuance of construction drawings. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a very fast, diverse and rapidly changing design program.
- Work with General Contractor (GC) and Architect/ Engineer (AE) to create and establish the Master Project Schedule.
- Coordinate Design Team activities.
- Ensure AE is effectively delivering against the City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
- Coordinate Constructability review of project documents.
- Drive design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize unnecessary work.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with Construction Project Manager, and other consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Track and manage external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within team.
- Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
- Ensure drawings are accurate and precise.
- Assist internal and external customers.
- Meet with stakeholders to obtain design input and signoff.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience and the ability to be highly effective in a client facing role.
- Formal Project Management methods.
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Be exceptional at discerning the path forward given a set of problems or problem statements.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
- Experience in data center construction or other heavy industry is preferred.
Bachelor of Science in one of the following:
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Project Management
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Role: Design Project Manager - Data Center Construction
Apply for this job now.