Company: FPR GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £27,074 - £30,920 per annum
FPR Group is looking to recruit Full Time Residential Childcare Workers in the Portsmouth/Southampton area. You will be supporting girls in residential care aged from 9 to 18 years old. The young people are provided with education, care, and therapy in a safe, warm, caring, and stable environment, which aims to work creatively and therapeutically to ensure positive outcomes for the young people you will be supporting. Our Client has a school which is currently rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
About the Role:
- You will be responsible to the Registered Manager for the day-to-day care and support of the young people
- You will encourage the development and stability of the young people through positive coaching towards life-style choices
- You will support and encourage the young people through stimulating activities, to help them develop and grow new interests, hobbies and create positive relationships with those around them
- You will be vigilant and alert to the signs of distress and abuse, ensuring the young people are monitored and protected at all times
- You will work as part of a team, supporting your colleagues with the day to day running of the home and support of the young people.
- You will support the young people when they are out and about in the community, i.e. going to the cinema, meals out, education and further education
Applying candidates will ideally possess the skill set and experience to support girls from the ages of 9-18 years who are in residential care. You will be 21 plus years old and hold a full manual driving licence. You will be willing to advance your career development by completing Level 3 BTEC. You will be emotionally resilient, enthusiastic, approachable, and able to create strong and consistent boundaries around the young people. Your week will consist of working 1 in every 3 days, with 6 to 7 sleep-ins per month which are included in the annual salary.
- 30 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner provided whilst you are working on shift
- Free parking
- Contributory pension
- Continuous training and development opportunities are available
- Employee Assistance Programme
Please click on the 'Apply Now' tab to apply for this role.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.