Company: JACKSON-MADISON COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Jackson Madison County School System
Deadline: Until Filled
TITLE: High School Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
TERM: 10 months (200-day contract), Exempt
JOB GOAL: To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in a high school learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree as required by the State of Tennessee
- Teacher's certificate with qualifying endorsement area
- FBI/TBI Fingerprint/Background Clearance every five (5) years
Alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent might find appropriate and acceptable
EVALULATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.
- Conducts and maintains a highly organized and professionally functioning classroom.
- Maintains ongoing curriculum evaluation and development to meet the needs of students.
- Collaborates with other faculty in the delivery of appropriate instructional approaches.
- Implements curriculum and instruction in a manner consistent with TN State standards including understanding, modeling and encouragement of independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning.
- Shows empathy and understanding of students.
- Proactively resolves problems that might arise with students and parents.
- Facilitates parent/student/teacher conferences.
- Continues professional development.
- Follows policies established by Jackson Madison County School Board and Tennessee State Department of Education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Jackson-Madison County School System (JMCSS) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.