SEND Teaching Assistant
£9.99 per hour.
Starting September 2021
Vision for Education is seeking a SEND Teaching Assistant to work in local SEND schools across Kirkbymoorside, starting in September. Working in multiple schools on a one-to-one basis and general classroom support in a friendly and supportive specialist setting, with children aged 5 to 16 with special educational needs and disabilities, Autism and Physical Disabilities. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with previous SEND Teaching Assistant or support working experience with transferrable skills to a classroom setting.
The specialist schools cater for students in with communication and interaction problems, learning difficulties, social or emotional issues and visual or hearing impairments. The schools offer brilliant facilities and resources, and the staff pride themselves on their child-centred approach. say Most schools we work with have excellent public transport links, but access to a vehicle would be advantageous.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant role you must:
- Hold a driving licence, which would be preferred, but not essential.
- Be Comfortable with personal care in numerous settings.
- Confident de-escalating challenging situations. Training would be an advantage but not essential.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offers
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Teesside SEND Team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.