Our Special Inspectors provide quality-assurance to the assigned projects to ensure building code and design specifications are met. Sprinkler Inspector will coordinate with our clients and permit expediting companies. They will perform sprinkler and standpipe inspections and witness hydrostatic testing . Inspector will complete daily field inspection reports and billing worksheets. Written and verbal communication are extremely important.
- Must be able to travel by train and bus through the five boroughs
- Must be physically able to climb ladders and stair
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and building codes
- Ability to use Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office suite of software
- Complete detailed reports with pictures, diagrams and drawing markups
- Possess critical thinking ability
Must meet following requirements;
- PE with 1 years relevant experience in mechanical systems and sprinkler systems
- Bachelor degrees or better in Mechanical Engineering and 3 years relevant experience in sprinkler and standpipe systems
- NYC Licensed Class A or Class B Master Fire Suppression Piping Contractor
- Technician with NICET Level II in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing of Water Based Systems
United Building Sciences Limited (UBSL) - A Special Inspection Agency serving the real estate industry
United Building Sciences Limited (UBSL) is a multi-disciplinary special inspection and consulting company. We are seeking full and part time Construction Inspectors to work within the NY Metro Area. We are interested in candidates with and without experience in Special Inspections for construction projects. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Role: Sprinkler Inspector
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.