TELACU Construction Management is looking for an experienced Owner's Authorized Representative (OAR) to manage several construction projects for our client the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). The ideal candidate should have over 15 years experience in the management of public works construction projects, preferably educational construction projects with construction values in excess of $30M-$50M single project value. The ideal candidate should also have experience with the Division of the State Architect.
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements are complied with
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 15 years full time paid professional experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $30M- $50M (not cumulative)
- 5 years experience in managing projects for an educational institution or public agency
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Design Build Experience
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential may be substituted for the required education
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
TELACU Construction management (TCM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of TELACU Industries, the for-profit arm of TELACU, the nation's largest Community Development Corporation. Founded in 1968, the leaders of TELACU recognized the need for the construction of community assets, such as schools, parks, municipal structures, roads, and infrastructure. With the future of Southern California communities in mind, TCM was formed. TCM is committed to providing its clients and their communities with the leadership and innovation required for the management and successful completion of projects and programs.
TELACU recirculates the dollars earned from TCM and its other for-profit companies to fund social initiatives such as a nationally renowned scholarship program, more than 4,000 units of affordable housing, workforce development programs, and a variety of other initiatives to ensure economic equality and social justice. While the impact of TELACU's social programs is exceptional, each subsidiary must provide world-class service in the technical areas in which they operate- and TCM is no exception. Since 1995, we have brought our expertise to the completion of public buildings, capital improvement projects, transportation, governmental and medical facilities, water transmission and distribution systems, public housing, and recreational centers.
TELACU Construction Management is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion or religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and any related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, transitioning status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, mental or physical disability, holding or presenting a driver’s license issued under Cal. Vehicle Code Section 12801.9, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Role: Owner's Authorized Representative (OAR)
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.