£25,000 - £27,000 per annum (Full Time - Permanent)
We are working with a group of six award-winning hotels in the Lake District, owned and run by the Graves family. The company was established in 1983 by Kit and Charles Graves. In 2011, Kit and Charles' daughter, Daniella Hope, joined the group and became Marketing Director in 2014. The family is actively involved in running the hotels and can often be seen in and around them. I am looking to fill the position of Restaurant Manager for the beautiful 4-star hotel in Ullswater.
As the Restaurant Manager, you'll be providing a vital support to the extravagant 4-star hotel, you will be responsible for the managing the team and looking after the following:
· Ensure a relaxed yet impeccable standard of service
· Work closely with the reception team on maximising bookings
· Build, manage and develop your high performing restaurant team
· Be responsible for accurate rota planning based on forecast sales and core wage budgets
· Liaise with the head chef to ensure the most efficient working partnership
· Provide stock control and ordering procedures
· Provide training both professional and in-house to ensure that all members of the team carry out their duties so that first class customer service is expected and maintained.
As the Restaurant Manager, you'll be reporting direct to the General Manager and will take overall responsibility for the general day to day running of the restaurant department. This is a 7-day operation, therefore you will be required to work 5 days out of 7, to include evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
The right candidate:
· Experience of working as a restaurant manager capable of maintaining high standards
· Possess great time management sills
· At least 2 years of experience within the hotel environment
· Strong knowledge and experience of working functions such as weddings and conferences
· Knowledge of essential legislation affecting the F&B department such as Food Safety and Health and Safety
Benefits of the job:
· Competitive salary
· 28 days' paid holiday during each holiday year including Bank holidays
· Training and Development - Accredited compliance training, Hospitality specific online training platform
· Hotel Academy - with Apprenticeship training up to level 4
· Staff meals
· Provision of staff uniform where appropriate
· Regular division of gratuities
· Pension scheme
· Discounted accommodation and dining rates within our group
· Days out discounts - including 2 for 1 cinema tickets
This incredible opportunity will not be around long, make sure you apply with an up-to-date CV for a fully confidential chat with an RSD Recruitment Professional!!