Are you an experienced ICT/Computer Science Teacher?
Do you have a passion for technology and teaching?
A school in Stockport is seeking an ICT/Computer Science Teacher, to join the team after the summer break. The role will involve teaching ICT/Computer Science up to KS4. The school is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher, who is able to successfully manage behaviour as well as prepare students for exams.
Requirements for this role are as follows:
- Prior experience teaching GCSE ICT.
- Excellent behaviour management skills.
- Advanced computer literacy.
Other highlights of this role include:
- Working with students with SEN on a 1:1 basis - this includes those with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Autism.
- Working with students with EAL needs - monitoring the development of students whose primary language may not necessarily be English.
- Setting realistic targets for students, both in the short and long term.
- Managing individual needs, whilst communicating regularly with support staff and the school SENCO.
- Setting engaging homework tasks that consolidate learning.
Pay for this role (annually) will range between £24,000 and £41,000 dependent on the teacher's pay scale.
The school expects the teacher to have excellent understanding of national curriculum, as well as in-depth knowledge of exam boards expectations. Given the lockdown period, the teacher will be expected to re-engage students, after the disruption caused by the ongoing pandemic.
- Located in Stockport, with the M60 motorway in close proximity of the school site.
- Public transport links also located close by (bus, train)
- Excellent, modern ICT facilities.
- Supportive SLT Team.
For further information, please contact the Manchester East branch at Teaching Personnel.