Adele Carr Financial Recruitment is a specialist Accountancy Recruiter to the North West Market.
Junior Accounts Assistant / Customer Service Administrator
£17000 - £18000
Working as a member of a customer service team, the Customer Service Administrator (CSA) role will include responsibility for processing job level charges across multiple business models and modes of transport. This will include both sales and purchase transactions, responsibility for accurate job level margins, and performing cash collection duties in accordance with customer specific requirements in the best interests of customer service, cash performance and supplier relationships.
There is also a mix of other key accountability's/special features in the role of the CSA as described below.
Sales Invoice Processing
* To process sales invoice backing sheets/front sheets as per customer requirements
* Where applicable reconciliation of customer self-billing statements and resolution of queries arising from those statements
* Preparation of credit note requests both internal and external, requiring effective communication at all levels.
Purchase Invoice Processing
* To monitor the output from our designated outsourced invoice processing team, ensuring that all failed records are dealt with to strict timelines
* This could include resolution of rating queries, supplier invoice interventions directly with the suppliers and escalation of additional charge invoices internally and externally.
* To check and allocate purchase invoices on a daily basis, taking direction from 'non-processed/registered invoice' reports and supplier statements working in line with associated business processes and working instructions.
* Proactive reconciliation of the sales account statements utilising the Credit Control Database to update comments and expected cash received dates including the timely escalation of non-payment of debt.
* Proactive resolution of customer queries in the interests of positive customer service is essential along with polite and professional communication both verbal and written.
Job Level Cost / Sale Checking
* Whilst processing both sales and purchase invoices the CSA is to check the job level cost / sales balances at every opportunity to ensure processing accuracy and to prevent rework.
Month end / Reporting
* Adherence to the Finance Month-end timetable, demonstrating a clear understanding of the impact of these deadlines on financial reporting
* Reporting on monthly prior period adjustments.
Supplier Statement Management
* Working closely with the outsourced purchase invoice processing team
* Assist in the reconciliation and management of aligned supplier statements
You must be a team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
The role requires a close attention to detail and a solid appreciation of the importance of following and developing business process and working instructions in the interests of a 'right first time' culture and business efficiency. Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping principles is also desirable,
A good understanding of purchase and / or sales ledger financial operations is desirable, as is experience of customer service provision for the chemicals or logistics industry.
IT literate and have a good knowledge of the practical use of Microsoft Excel.
For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Liverpool office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter.
Due to the high level of interest we receive for each of our roles we cannot guarantee a response to each individual application. Therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have unfortunately not been short-listed for this role.
Please do continue to check our website for other roles which may be of interest to you and follow us on @AdeleCarrFinRec
Role: Juniour Accounts Assistant / Customer Service Advisor
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, Merseyside
Apply for this job now.