Who Are We?
Most people know you only use 10% of your brain. But most don't realize you only use 30% of your body. BODY20® is here to change that. By combining personalized one-on-one training with body gear that sends electrical impulses into the deep tissue of your body's muscles — the way your brain does — BODY20® helps every body workout to 100%.
At BODY20, we live what we believe.
—That you shouldn't have to choose between fitness and family time.
—That fitness should never compete with career.
—That getting in shape shouldn't hurt.
—That everybody should get the most out of life,
—and every body is entitled to feel great.
We believe in FITNESS EQUALITY.
Position: Studio Manager
The position of Studio Manager is seen as an integral position within the Body20 organization. The Studio manager will be responsible for the total oversight of a specific studios. This includes sales, operations and fitness. Direct reports include the Sales staff and Coaches. The Studio Manager position is a full-time position that demands a top-tier leader to maintain and grow the overall success of the studios. The Studio Manager is a highly trusted individual with access to sensitive and confidential information. The role requires the utmost professionalism, tact and discretion. The Studio Manager is responsible for maximizing sales/profitability, streamlining studio operations and supporting recruitment/optimal staffing within the studio.
- The Studio Manager operates with the support of the designated Franchisee
- Must be a Body20 Influencer and always lead by example
- Must be a valued resource for employees and has working knowledge of Body20 systems
- Deliver thorough new hire onboarding
- Provide leadership and assist with the ongoing development, training and support of the Sales Team and Coaches within the designated studio
- Compliance and adherence to Body20 Business Policies for daily studio operations
- Responsible for achieving top-tier performance metrics including but not limited to revenue, inventory, payroll, cost controls and facilities maintenance
- Execute weekly duties on-time and with utmost attention to detail
- Attend all directed monthly meetings and listen to all Corporate Webinars
- Build and maintain utilization through scheduling optimization
- Ensure necessary staffing levels to satisfy studio demand while remaining within the studio budget
- Host weekly staff meetings as well as 1-on-1 monthly meetings with each Sales influencer and Coaches
- Evaluate each studio employee on their performance and deliver intentional action plans to support in their on-going development
- Ensure that all front desk procedures are followed such as proper Member Check-In, Telephone Inquiries (general and sales related), Past Due Account Procedures, Customer Care calls, etc.
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service
- Plan and promote special events for the studio monthly
- Responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean, maintained and operationally sound
- Spend a minimum of 40+ hours in studio weekly including one full weekend day
BODY20 is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.