Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £45k - £50k plus company pool car
A large, specialise manufacturing company are now looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
HSEQ Manager - Overview
The company has grown considerably over the last few years and now employs 350 people across 3 sites. The head office is based in Aylesbury and the other two sites are Farnborough & Twickenham.
As the HSEQ Manager you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Health and Safety policy for the group. You will utilise your sound communication and management skills to provide expert advice, guidance and support at both strategic and operational levels as well as using your intuition to identify upcoming challenges and risks.
The company have several sites in operation, so they are looking for a dynamic individual to manage our H&S policy across their showrooms, offices, factory and installation operations. You will be responsible for working closely with all staff to minimise risks and develop practical cost-effective health and safety systems and solutions.
HSEQ Manager - RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise Directors and Managers on all H&S and welfare matters to ensure the company complies with its statutory obligations in line will all current regulations and legislation
- Devise and improve the training matrix for all staff
- Ensuring safe and successful training of all existing teams and conducting H&S onboarding with new employees
- Attending customer sites to audit H&S practices of installation teams and assess/review RAMS
- Effectively manage First Aid and all Emergency procedures
- Conducting and recording thorough inspections and implementing measurable improvement plans
- Monthly reporting of improvements, updates and statistics to senior management
- Provide training to sales team to ensure they have sufficient understanding of requirements when conducting surveys of customer sites
- Increasing awareness of all HSEQ matters across all departments and sites
- Take the lead in the evaluation and implementation of ISO9001 Quality Standard and complete the appropriate periodic Audits to ensure compliance and ongoing continuous improvement
- Take responsibility for performing the appropriate investigations when non-conformances are found and carry out Internal audits in accordance with the company's internal audit program
- Develop Quality KPI's, by function/department, which highlights performance and identifies improvement opportunities
- Evolve the site quality procedures to drive "the right quality, first time, every time" best practice principles
HSEQ Manager- Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the Manufacturing Industry or Construction Industry as HSEQ Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications or experience:
- Hold a Diploma level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety such as NEBOSH Dip, NCRQ, NVQ LEVEL 5 or BSc.
- Experience of implementing and managing ISO 9001
- Have a good understand of Quality Management within Manufacturing would be ideal but not essential
- Have a hands on and proactive approach to HSE
- Experience with undertaking audits and site inspections
- Hold a full UK Driving License