The Service Technician will work independently or as part of a team which will be responsible for the installation, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning and servicing of commercial HVACR equipment, systems and units.
· Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
· Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
· Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
· Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
· Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· The job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive job duties of the position. The Service Technician will follow and perform other instructions and other related duties as set forth by management.
· Must have experience in a service vehicle, doing service work for an HVAC contractor and the ability to work with a team.
· VRF experience is preferred.
· BAS/DDC Controls experience is desired.
· Must have own tools.
· Must be reliable and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Must be willing to submit to pre-employment screening, including criminal background check and drug screen.
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Must be able to handle and lift normal tools of the trade for air conditioning service work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers; handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds. On occasion lift and move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Technician’s Degree or equivalent from a Technical/Trade School with a certificate in HVAC and five (5) years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and basic computer skills.
Medical, Dental, Vision, L/S Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and paid vacation and holidays.
HTS holds its employees in high regard and has proven to provide them job security, on-the-job-training, continuing education and promotes cross-training. The result is an employee who has mutual respect for the work of their peers and is challenged to try new skills and expand their qualifications. HTS will provide you with more than a job, the opportunity for a great career.
With 16 locations in Canada and the United States, HTS has grown significantly as a full-service, custom HVAC equipment provider since its 1992 founding. The reason? A single focus on creating success for all those involved with cooling and heating decisions from selection, design, and purchase, to installation and maintenance.
Architects, engineers, building owners, general contractors, mechanical contractors, and facilities maintenance teams as well as the leading manufacturers we represent routinely turn to HTS for solutions to issues ranging from energy efficiency and environmental issues to better building economics and comfort for building occupants.
But more compelling, they turn to HTS because they know we understand their unique viewpoints, needs, and concerns, and are able to provide insight and manage projects in a way that both the project and the people involved achieve pre-established goals.
Our industry experience spans industrial, institutional, and commercial projects of all sizes throughout the US and Canada. Bucking the industry norm to provide non-technical sales representatives, HTS highly trained, professional engineering and technical sales staff provide far more than a line sheet and price quote.
HTS competent engineering teams are on hand from system concept to start-up and throughout the life of the HVAC equipment, to help building owners and the teams they assemble make informed decisions about rapidly changing HVAC technology and deliver cleaner, more efficient, more reliable air and water building infrastructure systems.
Sophisticated project management processes ensure project and equipment compatibility and documented efficiency. Long-established and respected organizations, companies and institutions rely on HTS every day to ensure their HVAC-related projects completed safely, on budget and on schedule deliver the results the building owner expected to achieve.
HTS has grown through a strategy of entrepreneurial ownership, which we credit for the success of our 16 North American locations. Select a location nearest you or your project to learn more about the leadership, systems and controls, service and parts provided. Or if you need immediate help to find the right heating or cooling solution, Contact Us today.
Role: Senior HVAC Service Technician - DFW
Apply for this job now.