The Senior Project Manager - SPMO is responsible for managing strategic projects, processes, tools and activities in support of Martin’s Point Strategic portfolio including, but not limited to, managing the overall strategic portfolio status, facilitating strategic portfolio planning and status activities, and planning and managing medium to large-scale strategic portfolio initiatives using standard project management principles. Applying project management skills and techniques, the Senior Project Manager - SPMO works collaboratively with internal departments and external organizations to successfully develop and execute initiatives, activities as well as develop and roll out project management best practices.
- Timely and accurate updates and publication of the Strategic Portfolio Initiative Management Dashboard and Intake Tracker.
- Successful implementation of complex initiatives through industry standard project management practices.
- Expert use of project management tools to deliver plans that result in sustainable resource allocation and successful delivery of projects.
- Applies project management techniques to projects and activities, including (but not limited to) detail planning, task management, risk identification, issue escalation and resolution, contingency planning and both capital and operating budget management.
- Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of materials furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Leads the development of project management processes, tools and standards in support of project and portfolio management.
- Develops project charters and comprehensive project plans with input from stakeholders and team members for initiatives assigned by leadership.
- Leads and directs others through the project management process and tools.
- Provides mentorship to Associate Project Manager(s), Project Manager(s) and Project Coordinators.
- Collaborate across Martin’s Point Information Technology Project Managers, Business Partner Project Managers, Martin’s Point Management System (MPMS) to accomplish the Strategic Project Portfolio.
- Leads Request for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) process by clearly developing and defining requirements with customer and coordinating vendor participation and response.
- Leads vendor evaluation and selection process by facilitating vendor demonstrations with stake holders and creating, organizing and reporting on detailed vendor scoring.
- Ensures all project and initiative work adheres to established Martin’s Point standards and best practices.
- Provides detailed metrics on all aspects of projects, initiatives and resource allocation and utilizes those metrics to drive improvement.
- Adheres to and advocates for established Martin’s Point Policies and Procedures focused on quality outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years Project Management experience, overseeing projects in a matrix environment with at least 5 leading and supporting strategic projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education and experience required
- Experience in both waterfall and agile project management methodologies required
- PMI knowledge and practices required and PMP certification preferred
- Experience of project budgeting and finance processes required
- Lean principles knowledge and experience preferred
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- PMI or PMP certification preferred
- Scrum Master certification preferred
Role: SR. Project Manager - SPMO
Apply for this job now.