KS2 Teaching Assistant
Contract: Part-Time, Initially a Fixed Term Contract to 31st August 2022
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8.30-4pm / 45 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week)
Salary: £14,112.29 per annum (FTE £17,239.40)
Closing Date: 11th June 2021
About The Trust
Our client is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust they strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
They put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything they do.
The Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through their core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As they enter the exciting new phase of their future they continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Their modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow them to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
The Academy Juniors are looking to recruit a KS2 Teaching Assistant to join their passionate and enthusiastic team.
The successful candidate will have the ability to assist and work under the direction of the class teacher. They will be able to support and aid the learning of pupils through clarifying and explaining instructions, ensuring the use of equipment and materials and to provide continuous encouragement and motivation.
Knowledge of the local and national learning strategies to enhance literacy and numeracy is also key to this role along with the ability to effectively manage pupil behaviour in line with Academy policies.
This role may include the opportunity to work as a general Teaching Assistant within the classroom setting or to provide one-to-one support.
- Be passionate and dynamic about children's learning.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
The Trust offers:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across The Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Local Government pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this Multi Academy Trust, then please proceed through the following link to be redirected to the vacancies page of their website where you can complete your application.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.