This position is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive medical services for members of the family, regardless of age or sex, on a continuing basis by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patient services including, but not limited to, assessment, evaluation, and treatment of patients, within the parameters of the Employee’s license and training (“Services”).
- This includes documentation of chart notes and encounter submission.
- Patient Services may also include telemedicine, as necessary and appropriate, and quality assurance (MDQA) visits.
- Supervision of Nurse Practitioners (NPs) and up to four (4) MD24 Physician Assistants (PAs), with respect to those PAs’ patient Services, including without limitation supervision and evaluation of the PAs’ assessment, evaluation, and treatment of patients, documentation of all supervision, and signing off on patient charts as necessary and appropriate, for incident to billing. The employee must review and co-sign a minimum of ten (10) percent of the patient charts completed by the PAs under his/her supervision.
- Presence and support of Employee at marketing presentations, Q&A sessions or teaching presentations on medical issues, as requested by Employer from time to time.
- Attendance at quarterly meetings and scheduled teleconference meetings hosted by Employer is mandatory.
- Absences from such meetings must be approved in advance, with notice provided a week in advance except in unforeseen circumstances and supported by appropriate reasons for the absence.
- Receive and respond to routine or urgent medical calls and medically related questions from patients, authorized patient representatives, facilities or Employer’s staff or other medical personnel.
- Regular and timely attendance.Performance of such other duties and meeting such other requirements as are customarily performed or required by other persons in similar such positions, as well as such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Employer.Telemedicine: Commit 4 hours a week to do telemedicine.
- Commit to providing either PCP or specialty consults or both via Direct Doc Dial.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Doctoral degree (M. D., Doctor of Medicine and D.O., Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software;
- Contact Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order Processing systems; Payroll systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be licensed to practice Physician in the State of AZ American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS), the ABMS represents 24 boards related to medical specialties ranging from allergy and immunology to urology. American Osteopathic Association (AOA), the AOA has approved 18 specialty boards, ranging from anesthesiology to surgery. For certification in a subspecialty, physicians usually need another 1 to 2 years of residency.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have the following license or certification: AZ Board License, NPI & DEA?
- Are you a Board Certified Pain MD?
- How many years of experience do you have in pain management?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Role: Pain Doctor Needed in Arizona "Supervisory Role"
Apply for this job now.