We have an exciting position as a Criticial Care Nurse Manager with one of the major healthcare provider based in London. With over 30 years experience providing healthcare in London, they offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
As Critical Care Nurse Manager, you will be patient focused and provide nursing leadership and direction for all nursing staff across the critical care service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise on all matters relating to critical care, outreach and professional nursing and specific speciality issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a an experienced Critical Care Nurse who is seeking their next step into a management role. We will provide the necessary support and tools to step into a leadership roles and through close mentorship with our Chief Nursing Officer and Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, you will be equipped to provide motivating and quality clinical leadership.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as a role model for nurses in the designated clinical area, promoting and demonstrating the standards of care and behavior expected and at all times exhibiting high standards of professional conduct.
- Be a visible, accessible and assertive figure to whom nursing staff, patients and the multidisciplinary team can turn to for assistance, advice and support.
- In partnership with the CNO ensure that the NMC 'Code' is adhered to within the nursing teams.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring clinical excellence and professional standards in own area are optimised, e.g standards of record keeping, clean environment and minimising
- Creation of a culture based on staff involvement where staff are developed and trained to be knowledgeable about the specialties on their nursing floors, are able to take responsibility within their sphere of knowledge and feel valued and supported.
- Work closely with the Deputy CNO, CNO and other nurse managers, to ensure smooth day to day operation of departments and achievement of service targets, including daily bed management.
- Provide effective nursing and managerial input into operational and strategic issues including the development and implementation of strategy and policy, which ensures that objectives are achieved within agreed timetables.
Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC registration and demonstrate evidence of ongoing education
- Previous experience of nursing within critical care is essential
- Prior leadership experience is desirable but not essential - if you have the passion to learn and seek development into management and have clinical experience within critical care, this could be the ideal next step in your leadership career.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.