US Citizen is REQUIRED. Please do not apply if you do not have US Citizenship.
Work is on customer site in Falls Church, VA only, no remote work is possible with this client.
Bleu Jenga is searching for a Software QA Tester who will be testing web based applications using manual testing methods. The individual will be an integral part of a dynamic team that rewards creativity and emphasizes on delivering quality software products by applying strong quality control processes during the product delivery lifecycle. We are looking for contributors who challenge the status quo. This project uses Agile Scrum development methodology and is also implementing test automation.
Perform testing and verify all changes to custom applications prior to deployment on a portfolio of applications on .Net, Sharepoint, ColdFusion, Cognos and MS SQL platforms in an Agile development environment. Responsibilities include
- Write and execute test cases
- Perform back-end testing using SQL queries
- Use tools such as Data Factory, Data Generator and other back-end testing tools to help with testing
- Develop test plans, cases and scripts, and manage test artifacts/deliverables
- Log software defects in defect tracking tool and track to closure
- Review requirement documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Document and review plans, schedules, data needs and scenarios for end-to-end integration testing including areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
- Provide support during UAT testing phase including defect review and resolution
- Participate in application deployment and troubleshooting
- Participate in all aspects of the development life cycle and work closely with Project Managers, Team Leads, development and operations teams and customers to advocate the timely delivery of quality software products
- Create metrics of test results for management and project stakeholders
- Verify application function following any changes in environment (e.g., S patch, DB Patch, Service pack, upgrade, etc...)
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of software testing experience
- Minimum 5 years overall experience
- Strong manual tester
- Must have a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologie and tools
- Good communication skills
- Solid SQL query skills
- Agile experience / knowledge of Scrum methodology
- Able to plan, write and execute test cases
Desired Skills and Experience
- Data Factory, Data Generator and other back-end testing tools
Bleu Jenga is a business technology consulting and solutions firm focusing on the latest technology trends. We utilize a flexible and collaborative approach to deliver the right solutions faster for Government and Commercial clients. Our work is in areas of development and test automation, DevOps processes and related technologies, OpenSource tools, and other up and coming trends, making Bleu Jenga an exciting place to work. Our work culture embodies the Agile approach of Individuals over Processes, Working Products over Documentation, Collaboration over Negotiations and Respond to Change over Sticking to a Plan. Our workplace is based on a foundation of respect and flexibility for our employees/contractors. We believe in a positive work environment that treats its people well.
Role: Software Tester - Manual with SQL
Location: Falls Church,
Apply for this job now.