Our client is a pioneer in relation to payment services and financial technology. This company is hugely influential in their space and this position is about working at the heart of the business to help strategically shape and influence its future success.
This is an ideal career opportunity for a Senior Lawyer with experience around 10-15PQE. The objective of this appointment is to strategically advise on a range of legal, competition and regulatory matters. You will also lead a small team of competent lawyers whose expertise has been carefully chosen in support of future in-house legal operations.
- Be a Senior Financial Services Lawyer whose experience is around 10-15 PQE with a combination of private practice and in-house experience.
- Be qualified in England & Wales or another commonwealth law jurisdiction.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Have previous experience working in a strategic and/or transformation role and providing detailed analysis and directives at a senior level.
- Have proven experience of working within a business closely at Board level with respect to advising on business operations and navigate a defined plan.
- Have an ability to work commercially and pragmatically with multiple senior managers.
- Be experienced with respect to reviewing external counsel and delivering a better model of working in-house and reducing external legal spend.
- Have previously helped a business to identify better procedures and processes which reflect a better business as usual standards of practice.
- Have experience of working in the banking & finance or financial services sectors (retail experience preferred but not essential) on a variety of legal issues such as negotiating large outsourcing contracts, regulatory challenges and complex competition issues.
- Have knowledge of Payments industry / PSD2.
- Have an understanding and/or previous experience of dealing / working within a large banking institution.
- Be an effective negotiator and have an ability to strongly oppose and present legal arguments with Authorities, Regulators and Governing bodies.
- Have an ability and willingness to adapt to working in a business that is still growing, changing and evolving and identifying new structures.
This is an exceptional career opportunity to work strategically at the heart of the business and help shape its future landscape. The position will be challenging, rewarding and fast paced. A competitive salary package is on offer.
Please submit your CV to apply for this position to Donna Rosenberg in the Jameson Legal London office. All applications and conversations are in the strictest of confidence. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.